Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Here we are on Tuesday and I'm already changing the menu around. Well, at least I'm not dropping anything. Yet. But we decided to go see the in-laws tomorrow afternoon and run a couple of errands, and the ragu sauce takes pretty much all afternoon, so we're going to do that today instead of tomorrow.

I know I've come over all domestic here lately, but that's pretty true to life since that's what I've been concentrating on a lot lately. I beat myself up a lot for being "just" a stay-at-home wife and then tend to let the domestic things slide and then I end up spending the majority of my time living in a dirty house. A house, I might add, that I take no pride in. Happily, that is changing. It's finally getting into my thick skull that if I just spend an hour here and there on some things, I end up with a house that I like to spend my time in and, yes, it's very 1950's retro and I don't care, that my husband can relax in, too. Yeah, sometimes I get some work assignments that keep me tied to the computer for a few days at a stretch, but when I'm free I don't really have an excuse. Plus, I ultimately do want to work outside the home and setting these good habits now will help me keep up with them later.

So there ya go. I'm not quite a domestic goddess yet, but I'm getting there!

No comments: