Saturday, February 16, 2008

it's amazing what gets me excited these days

Seriously, I am way too excited about this. I just got back from the grocery store. This particular store offers points with their card and you can claim prizes when you get a certain number of points. We never bothered to get the card because it's more like a credit card and we are stridently credit card free, but I find it interesting to see what they offer as prizes.

Well, today I couldn't believe my eyes. The big grand prize for a bajillion points is a mijoteuse - otherwise known as a crock pot! I have been hunting down a crock pot virtually since I moved here, and it's not one of those things I'm willing to buy in the States and take my chances with an adapter.

So I thought that maybe if it's the big prize at the grocery store, maybe it's becoming more known here and I'll be able to find one online. Much to my delight you can find them on the French eBay brand new for very reasonable prices! I think I know what I'm going to ask for as my birthday present this year!!

No comments: