Friday, February 22, 2008

more pop music theatre

Today, since I apparently don't have anything else to talk about I'd like to share with you another French pop song that I've really been enjoying lately. This is Sheryfa Luna, who won last year's French version of Popstars. This is her second single, "Il avait les mots," which means "He had words." This song got my attention from the first time I heard it, from the syncopated synth to the very first line, "Il était vraiment plus âgé de moi." (He was really older than me) This video certainly does a good job of telling the story of the song, and I just really, really like this song.



Also, she actually is pregnant in this video; she gave birth a few weeks to a little boy she named Vénus. I hope this song isn't biographical...

No comments: