Saturday, January 29, 2005

goodies from japan!

I did manage to crawl down the street to get my box, and it was my prize from Alex in Japan!

I was absolutely knocked over by all the stuff she managed to pack away into this box - and that's not just the cold medicine talkin' either; look!


Steph: "Are you setting up for a vide grenier?"

I had the best time going through these things and discovering all the cool stuff she sent. And as far as I can tell, the only thing that broke was the butterfly thingie, which I think can be repaired with a little wood glue. So, here's some examples of what I got:

Click "Tell me more" to continue!




If I remember well, this is candy. It seems kinda dirty, tho, doesn't it? Well, to give you an idea of size, here is the candy next to some melon-flavored condoms that managed to get shipped:



Yeah. That's candy. suuuuuuuuuure it is. *wink*



I am so so excited about getting real chopsticks (shown here, appropriately, with some wind-up sushi toys)! It's going to make eating our new recipe, Dijon Stirfry, that much more fun to eat.


Me: "Aw look, Steph, she sent something for you too eat!"
Um, Alex, are these supposed to be dried fishie snacks? 'Cause, erm.... ew. But yeah, I bet Steph will try them, since he likes sardines and anchovies and stuff.


The calandar (on the left) is so gorgeous I almost don't want to use it, as it requires ripping off the previous pages to hang it up. Although, I could save the paper to make some kind of thing with the pictures....
Also, there's a beautiful tin, adorable shoes, and the picture thing folds in half to make a sort of purse. Lovely.


I'm assuming these are origami. I'm not sure if I have the patience to make origami. But maybe one of these days when I'm feeling artsy-fartsy I'll try.


I am totally in love with my new change purse!!


Wasaaaaaaaaaaaabi?!
Alex? How does one go about eating these?

And last but not least:

I have my very own tiny zen garden! How cool is that?

This was so exciting, I have to tell you. This was the inspiration for starting the blog exchange, so Alex, thank you many many times over, you are one in a million. And I mean that. ;)

No comments: