Friday, January 14, 2005

stop the presses!

We interrupt stories from Paris to give you this late breaking news: ViVi has received a box!

I received in the mailbox this morning a notice that said that I had a package waiting for me at the post office down the street. I knew it could be one of two things: a package from Carrie in Boston full of books, or my prize from Japan. So, this afternoon, Steph and I wandered down to the post office to see what it was.

Turns out it was a ginormous bag from Boston! Steph slung it over his shoulder and we laughed about looking like bank robbers waltzing down the street.



How excited am I that Carrie sent me twenty-four books?! This will last me at least, oh, a month? (kidding. slightly.)



Oh, and the little envelopes in the front? Those are cards and envelopes that Carrie decorated herself with a Japanese silk screening machine and they are unbelieveably beautiful. I would love to show you a close up, but it's, you know, our names and address and stuff. But you would be stunned by how amazingly gorgeous they are.

Thank you thank you thank you, my beautiful angel in Boston!

And as soon as I receive a package from Japan, you know I'll show you all the goodies that the very fabulous Alex sent me!

No comments: