Sunday, January 30, 2005

in which vivi's head explodes

Seriously, is my brain melting and pouring out my nose? It simply will not stop! The damn nasal spray lasts exactly five minutes and 32 seconds, and I can only take it every three hours. I've drunk enough tea to save the Boston Tea Party a trip to the docks, my nose is so red it looks like I've tippled several bottles of champagne, and I sound like a frog.

I survived the concert last night. We only sang six songs (from the repetoire I posted a few days ago) and I got through it without honking like a goose, so that's good news.

Today is going to be more of a challenge. It's the concert at the Conservatoire, and I have a little trio to sing, in the middle of a song. However bad I felt yesterday, today is worse. There's not a damn thing I can do about it except work with what I've got, since all the pharmacies are closed on Sundays. I think adreneline got me through last night, but it's going to take a miracle to get through today. As far as I can see, the best case scenario is that my nose suddenly sees the error of its ways and dries up like a desert, and I go on as normally. The worse case scenario is that the prof tells me what I already know in the back of my head: that I have no business trying to sing with this cold and go the hell home. I'm hoping for something in between, in which I sing with the choir, but my little solo is reassigned to someone else (which is fine, I'd rather someone else sing it well than me try to sing it with a cold and sound like an idiot).

If you'll excuse me, it's time for the steam treatment...

No comments: