Monday, February 21, 2005

back to the grind

Steph's two-week break is over and he's on his way to work. The first load of laundry is already in the wash. I've got to do a little shopping (perhaps for a GISBE package? Bwahahhaaha) and maybe mop and floor or two. This week I've got two choir rehearsals, two French lessons, and have to pick up the kids from school three evenings. It almost sounds busy, doesn't it?

I got a call from the kids' mom last night. They've decided to move the kids to a private school, and since they have to pay for tuition, they can't keep me on. This is fine with me, as I was only working three hours a week, the money wasn't exactly significant, but the mom was very worried that I would be upset which I thought was sweet. She said she wants to keep in touch, and I really hope she does, because not only are they a link to back home, I genuinely like them.

Right, I hope you all have a decent Monday (since I think that's the best one can hope for); I'm off to find the mop...

No comments: