Saturday, February 12, 2005

I have been tagged...

...by the lovely Miss Sarah of Bienvenue a mon monde.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer?

Since I'm not glorious enough for an iPod, I had to check out the media library in my Media Player. It says I have 764.94MB of music, or 219 songs, or nearly 14 hours of music. All of it was procured absolutely legally. Really. Why are you looking at me like that?

2. The last CD you bought was...

Just before I moved here, I bought a couple of CDs on Ebay. They were International Superhits by Green Day and Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt.

3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?

You know, it's funny... I used to always have music going - whether it be from the Media Player or a CD or internet radio. Now I more frequently listen to music when I'm alone, and now that Steph's home all the time on vacation, I don't listen to music much. Unless you count the sounds emitting from his computer, as he plays Dark Age of Camelot. So it's been a few days since I actually listened to a song.

4. Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

  • "Nightswimming" by REM because it reminds me of a friend who died years before her time
  • "Carolina in My Mind" by James Taylor because it reminds me of home
  • "Least Complicated" by the Indigo Girls because of more reasons than I can post here
  • "Birdhouse in Your Soul" by TMBG because it makes my heart sing
  • "Destiny" by Zero Seven because I just realized that I didn't include anything from this millenium and I swear I actually do listen to new music and also that is a kick ass gorgeous song

That list would be different every week, I think.

5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?

This is hard. Ok ok ok ok ok ok .....

Katia, just because I like her and I think if we ever meet we will talk ourselves blue in the face

Daniel, because he's nice and clever and has a bizarrely intricate memory and writes beautiful stories about his past. I think if we met, we'd talk till we were blue in the face, too.

Karla, because I found her kind of recently and I have a little girl-crush on her. I know she's galavanting around Paris right now, but I hope she will do this when she gets back. Oh, and the blue-face thing? That too.

No comments: