Thursday, March 24, 2005

this one's for mom & dad

Thirty-five years ago today, my parents gathered up a few friends, went to the courthouse to get married, has a small celebratory dinner afterwords, and then went on a honeymoon to Florida. Hm, that seems strangely familiar...

Over the years, they have been through things that would have broken lesser couples, and yet here they are, very much together. They taught me that a committment is something that should never be broken and showed me with actions, not just words. They inspire me to work at my marriage, so I can show my children the same thing one day.

Mom and Dad spent the last two weeks in Florida, visiting friends and family. Perhaps it wasn't as relaxing as they had hoped, but it was filled with a lot of golf and, I'm sure, a lot of laughter. I wish I could have been there for some of that. Since I'm way over here, all I can do is proclaim on the internet:

Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad! I love you very much!

No comments: